Good News Whisky Lovers! The Holidays are coming soon and it couldn’t be a better time to buy a gift for best friend AKA America’s Next Top Bartender! Here are the Top 10 Holiday Gift for Bartenders!
1. SIA Scotch Whisky ($50) – SIA is a new and award winning blend your friend is guaranteed to enjoy! SIA is a blended scotch whisky that appeals to the modern palate. Distilled in Scotland and matured, blended and bottled by Douglas Laing & Co., Ltd. from a blend of Speyside, Highlands and Islay malts. SIA was awarded a Double Gold Medal in the San Francisco World Spirits Competition in 2014. For more information, visit www.siascotch.com – or it online at Merchants of Beverage, Binny’s, Wally Wine
2. Alessi 5050 Set ($203) – Set composed of American or “Boston” shaker in 18/10 stainless steel and glass, bar strainer, stirrer and cocktail measure in 18/10 stainless steel. www.alessi.com
3. Black Nuance Cocktail Shaker ($39.95) This Danish-designed cocktail shaker has a soft-grip coating that’s slip-resistant and a pleasure to handle when you’re mixing and pouring cocktails. You can find this sleek shaker on www.williams-sonoma.com
4. The Bar10der ($30)- 10 Bar Tools In One – The Bar10der is the first and only 10-in-1 bartending tool that allows you to bring the bar home so you can mix up your favorite cocktails and mocktails whenever the mood strikes. Packed with 10 essential bartending tools in one sleek design, the Bar10der makes it easy to mix, create and serve a perfect drink. Cheers to that! www.gifts.com
5. Mixology Dice ($38) – Mixology Dice™ make this easy, showing you exactly which dice to roll to make specific types of traditional drinks, and what ratios of ingredients to use. Once you’ve learned the basics (or if you’re already a pro) the dice keep providing inspiration for creating your own craft cocktails. Visit www.foodiedice.com to buy your set of dices.
6. Wood Muddler ($7) Who wants a Mojito?! These wood muddlers are just the thing for preparing mint mojitos or other refreshing summer beverages. www.potterybarn.com
7. Little Pop – Moon Bar ($108) – An elegant Ice Bucket designed by Miriam Mirri. Once again Miriam gives her personal interpretation of playful design, with a hint of delicate, feminine elegance. www.alessi.com
8. W&P Ice Pick ($19.95) Complete your home bar with this old-fashioned ice pick from W+P Design, expert mixologists with an eye for vintage style. The stainless-steel spike has an ultra-sharp point that makes quick work of cubes, blocks and chunks, while the solid walnut handle has a comfortably curved shape. www.williamssonoma.com
9. Rye Bar Tool Set ($47) – Modeled on a stunning set of bar tools from the roaring Twenties. Be always ready to host a party! Available at www.potterybarn.com
10. Copper Jigger ($13) Essential to the standard bar-tool lineup, this jigger is available in copper or stainless steel. Available at www.ggmercantileco.com